Students-UniHill Immigration Servcies

Student Visa

Australia has world class universities, practical vocational colleges and outstanding English language schools to support international students. Studying in Australia can provide you with many benefits. Besides the valuable knowledge gained from Australian standard of education, cultural experience, and improving your English Language Proficiency, you have the right to work legally in Australia. Applying for Student Visa may also act as a prospective approach to get temporary or permanent residency in Australia.

What is student visa?

The Student visa allows you to remain in Australia for up to 5 years for the purpose of full-time study at an educational institution, in line with your enrolment.
With this visa you can:
• take part in an eligible course of study
• include your family members in your application (your partner or you and your partner’s dependent child.
• apply online in or outside Australia
• work up to 40 hours every 2-week period once your course starts.

What are the requirements?
The student visa you need depends on the chosen course of study. As a guide, the key requirements the applicant needs to meet are:
• you must be 6 years or older
• provide a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) at a full-time course registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and courses for Overseas Students, CRICOS
• Meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement
• show evidence of your English language skills
• you and your family members must be covered by Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) from an approved Australian health insurance provider for the length of your stay in Australia
• If you’re under 18 years of age, you must have adequate welfare arrangements in place while you are in Australia
• meet health and character requirements
• have enough money for your stay

What are the working rights on Student visa 500?
The student visa allows you to work up to 20 hours per week or 40 hours fortnightly. You would be allowed to start your part-time work once the course starts. However, international students enrolled in ACT public schools can work 10 hours maximum during the academic school year.

What welfare arrangements must be organised for applicants under 18 years of age?
You must either:
• nominate a student guardian. A student guardian can be a parent, legal custodian or a relative over 21 years of age. He or she must have a visa to stay in Australia until you turn 18 or for the period of your student visa
• organise a Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) with your education provider. Get them to issue a CAAW and advise the Department of Home Affairs of your welfare arrangements start and end date
• obtain your Acceptance Advice of Secondary Exchange Student (AASES) form if you’re a secondary exchange student. Attach a signed copy of the CAAW to the student visa application, or
• arrange approval of your welfare arrangements from the relevant Minister, if you’re a Foreign Affairs or Defence student

Book your consultation with our Registered Migration Agent