Skilled Regional Visas-UniHill Immigration Servcies

Skilled Regional Visas

Skilled Work Regional Visa – Subclass 491

The 491 visa allows skilled workers live in a regional area of Australia for up to five years.

With this visa you can:

  • Live, work and study in Australia for up to five years
  • Include immediate family
  • Study in Australia
  • Transition to permanent residency (if eligible)

You must:

  • You must be invited to apply for this visa. To do so, you must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI)
  • You hold a Positive Skill Assessment for an occupation on the State or Regional List
  • You are currently aged between 18 – 45 years old
  • You have Competent English or higher (6 minimum in IELTS or holder of approved passports)
  • You must be nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency or be sponsored by an eligible relative.
  • You meet health and character requirements
  • You meet the pass mark in the skilled migration points test – currently 65.

Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191)

​This visa is for people who have lived, worked and studied in designated regional area Australia on a previous, eligible visa. 

With this visa you can:

  • stay permanently
  • work and study anywhere in Australia
  • Sponsor eligible relatives for permanently residence 
  • apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible. 

You must:

  • hold an eligible visa
  • have lived for at least 3 years and have a taxable income at or above a specific income threshold for at least three years
  • both primary and secondary applicants have complied with the conditions of the eligible visa you hold or have held

Book your consultation with our Registered Migration Agent