Graduated Temporary 485 Visa-UniHill Immigration Servcies

Graduated Temporary 485 Visa

The Temporary Graduate subclass 485 visa is work visa for international students who have completed 2 years of study in Australia. It can last from between 18 months and 4 years depending on your situation.


  • Age: The main applicant must be under 50 at the date of lodgement.
  • English: The main applicant must demonstrate their English language ability, either through holding certain types of passport or by undertaking an English test. Evidence of threshold English must be provided at date of lodgement
  • Study in Australia: You must meet the 2 year study requirement and have completed qualifications within six months of applying for the visa.
  • Point Test: The Temporary Graduate subclass 485 visa is not points-tested.


Family Members:

  • You can include the following types of family members in your application:
  • Spouses, de facto partners and same-sex partners
  • Dependent children
  • If you already hold a 485 visa, you can apply for family members to join you in Australia on 485 visas.


Duration of the 485 visa will depend on your circumstances. Gradate Work stream visas are valid for 18 months from the date of grant of the application.

Duration of the PSW depends on which qualification and whether you have completed your study in a regional area in Australia. If you study in Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane your PSW duration will be:

  • 2 years: completion of Bachelor Degree, Bachelor with Honours, Masters by Coursework or Masters (Extended)
  • 3 years: Masters by Research
  • 4 years: Doctorate


  • Whilst on a 485 visa, you have unrestricted work rights in Australia.
  • You must maintain private health insurance whilst on a skilled graduate visa. A list of the major providers is at 485 Visa Insurance page.

English requirements:

    • Hold a passport from the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada or New Zealand; or
    • IELTS (Academic or General Training): overall average of 6 and at least 5 in each band; or
    • Occupational English Test (OET): B Pass in each band; or
    • Pearson (PTE Academic): overall average of 50 with at least 36 in each band; or
    • TOEFL iBT (Internet Based Test): total score of 64, with at least 4 in Listening and Reading, and at least 14 in Writing and Speaking; or
    • Cambridge (CAE): 169 overall average with at least 154 in each band.

Book your consultation with our Registered Migration Agent