Other-UniHill Immigration Servcies

Child Visa

Children who have a parent who is an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen, are able to live in Australia permanently on a Child Visa subclass 101 or 802.

In essence, each of these visas are the same – they both allow a child of an eligible parent sponsor to live in Australia indefinitely. The only difference is the location of the applicant when the application was lodged and decided on – 101 visa is for offshore applicants and 802 is for onshore.

To apply for either a 101 or 802 visa, you must meet the following criteria:

    • Have an eligible sponsor (see above)
    • Be single
    • Be one of the following:
      • Younger than 18 and not adopted;
      • Be under the age of 18 and adopted;
      • Be between the ages of 18 and 25 and be a full-time student; or
      • Be 18 or older and have a disability which prohibits them from working, and be dependent on their sponsoring parent
    • Meet certain health requirements, and if over the age of 16, meet certain character requirements.

Upon granting the visa to a child under the age of 18, the Department will consider whether this visa is in the best interests of the child.

Book your consultation with our Registered Migration Agent