Temporary Activity Visas-UniHill Immigration Servcies

Temporary Activity Visas

1. Training Visa (subclass 407)

The Training Subclass 407 Visa is a short stay visa for people to undergo occupational training or professional development in Australia. This visa allows you to:

  • take part in workplace-based training to enhance your skills in your current occupation, area of tertiary study, field of expertise
  • participate in a professional development training programme in Australia.

This visa is not appropriate for persons whose sole intention is to work.

There are two eligibility pathways for the visa. However, all applicants must show that they:

  • Have turned 18
  • Have functional English
  • Hold private health insurance
  • Genuinely intend to stay temporarily in Australia for the intended    purpose
  • Meet health and character requirements

Sponsorship by an approved Temporary Activities Sponsor is required.

2. Temporary Activity Visa (subclass 408)

This visa allows you to come to Australia on a temporary basis to:

  • work in the entertainment industry
  • participate in activities at the invitation of an Australian organisation
  • participate or observe in an Australian research project
  • work in a skilled position under a staff exchange arrangement
  • participate in high-level sports competitions or sports training programs
  • participate in a special programme approved by the department that provides opportunities for youth exchange, cultural enrichment or community benefits
  • do full-time religious work
  • be employed as a superyacht crew member
  • do full-time domestic work in the household of certain senior foreign executives
  • participate in a government endorsed event. COVID-19 Pandemic event visa


You must:

  • have the skills to undertake the activity to be carried out in Australia
  • be supported or sponsored
  • meet additional requirements of the relevant stream

Length of stay

  • If invited by an organisation to participate in a specific event – 3 months
  • If participating in Australian government activities – 4 years
  • All other activities – 2 years

3. The Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) Visa (subclass 400)

The Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa (subclass 400) is a temporary visa that lets you enter Australia to:

  • do short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work
  • in limited circumstances, participate in an activity or work relating to Australia’s interests.


You must:

  • be invited, or supported, by the organisation you will be working for
  • have specialist skills, knowledge or experience that is needed but cannot be found in Australia

Financial requirements

While you are in Australia, you must be able to support yourself and your family members who come with you to Australia. You might be asked to provide evidence of funds.

Length of stay

Up to 3 months (6 months in limited circumstances)

Book your consultation with our Registered Migration Agent