Employer Nomination Permanent (186 Visas)-UniHill Immigration Servcies

Employer Nomination Permanent (186 Visas)

The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) subclass 186 is a Permanent Residency visa for a person to live and work in Australia permanently and has been offered a permanent position within a business in Australia.


Benefits of the ENS visa

  • Permanent Residency visa allows you to stay in Australia indefinitely
  • Work and Study in Australia
  • Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s health care scheme
  • Apply for Australian Citizenship (subject to eligibility criteria)
  • Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residency (subject to eligibility criteria)

There are three entry streams for Permanent Residence under the ENS:

  • Temporary Residence Transition Stream (TRTS) is for subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for their employer for 2 years and whose employer wants to offer them a permanent position in that occupation.
  • The Direct Entry stream is for prospective employees who have not held a subclass 457 visa for atleast 2 years, or who are applying directly from overseas.
  • The Agreements stream is for prospective employees who are being sponsored by an employer through a negotiated Labour Agreement or Regional Migration Agreement.

There are two steps to the ENS Application Process:


The Department of Immigration and Border Protection must be satisfied that the employer:

  • Is actively and lawfully operating a business in Australia
  • Have a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a skilled position
  • Compliant with relevant Training Benchmarks
  • Offer a skilled position that is full time and ongoing for at least 2 years
  • Pay a market salary rate
  • has no adverse business information


The Department of Immigration and Border Protection must be satisfied that the employee:

  • has been nominated by their employer within 6 months of applying
  • is under the age of 50 (certain exemptions apply)
  • have the required skills and qualifications for the position
  • Meet English, health and character requirements

Book your consultation with our Registered Migration Agent